This recipe was created by Jessica Bengston, Sous-Chef at the terrain Garden Café-Westport.
Brown Butter Dressing
• 6 ounces unsalted butter
• 6 tablespoons sherry vinegar
• 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
• 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat until browned but not burnt, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. In a blender combine vinegar, olive oil, shallots and mustard; blend until smooth.
3. With the blender on low speed, slowly drizzle in reserved butter and blend until thickened. Season to taste and serve at room temperature.
• 2 cups kale, julienned
• 1 cup radicchio, julienned
• 1 cup red cabbage, julienned
• 1 cup green cabbage, julienned
• 1 cup cooked quinoa (black or white)
• 1 red bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
• 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
• 1 cup slivered almonds
• 1 cup pomegranate seeds
• 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
• 1 teaspoon celery seeds
• 1 teaspoon ground mustard
• 1 teaspoon each salt and black pepper
1. Mix all slaw ingredients, then add 1 cup dressing slowly until coated nicely.
2. Let mix sit for an hour before serving. If dry, add more dressing.
Jessica Bengston, Sous-Chef, terrain Garden Café-Westport